People who are looking to hacktivate (activate) their iPhones on iOS 7 have landed at the correct place. Here is now a method by which you can hacktivate iPhone on iOS 7 using a very simple and short guide. So follow the guide below on how to hacktivate iPhone on iOS 7.
If you haven’t initiated with hacktivation, so let me put it in very easy words. Hacktivation is the process by which you activate an iPhone by avoiding the standard Apple activation method. Even if your iPhone is locked to a specific carrier and it can’t be opened, you can hacktivate it and use it.
Well now follow the guide below for hacktivating iPhone on iOS 7.
- Download Java utility.
- Download PuTTy.
- Download TinyUmbrella (SHSH blobs) :
Download SHSH blobs Mac.
Download SHSH blobs Windows.
Method To Hacktivate iOS 7
1. Back up your iPhone before starting to hactivate and make sure to set it in airplane mode.
2. Connect the iPhone to the computer and hit restore (if you have already done this and are on the welcome screen, you don’t require doing the same).
3. Put your iPhone in to DFU mode.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
- Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
- Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
4. Download the Java utility and run it.
5. Once it is completed you should see the following on your computer.
6. Download PuTTy and run it.
7. Put in local host as hostname and port the java utility specified.
8. A window will pop up asking you for username and password:
- Username: root.
- Password: alpine.
9. Right after that run mount.sh in the terminal, then type in the following commands
rm -R Setup.app
If that does not work, type set and hit the tab button, it should auto complete.
10. Now delete setup.app.
11. Hold the power and home button to reset the phone.
12. When the iPhone is turned on, it will show it in recovery mode. It is fine, don’t need to panick.
13. Download TinyUmbrella and run it.
14. Exit from the recovery mode using TinyUmbrella.
15. Your iPhone should boot up properly now.
If you have followed the steps correctly your iPhone should be hacktivated (activated) and up & running. The hacktivation method is not the proper way to activate an iPhone so you might find some problems later on while using it.
If you have any query regarding this guide, leave a comment below.